Sunday, October 7, 2007

WIP (works in progress)

Hi everybody!

I've been out taking photos of a volunteer watermelon, stash enhancement and works in progress. Without further ado...

The watermelon has grown this past week!


I've made progress on Keith's sweater and a little on his sock.

I've made a lot of progress on my sock and check out my new sock bag! (As soon as I finished taking pictures this morning, I headed inside with sock bag, knitting bag, digital camera and coffee only to be foiled by storm door and cat. I spilled coffee droplets all over my sock bag! It's in the sink soaking for a few minutes, then I'll hang it out to dry. It will never look as good as it did this morning again!)
Finally, here is the stash enhancement. The single yarn is the Woolly Boully Luna Moth that I was going to post earlier this week. The other one has Gale's Art on the top (it's a handpainted silk and wool blend - yum. Worsted weight. I think it will become a scarf) On the bottom is Butterfly Kisses from White Willow. She called the yarn Butterfly Kisses since while it was drying outside, a butterfly was fascinated by it and kept landing on it. Since I think it's funny when the butterfly larva decimate the parsley plants, of course it appealed to me. In fact, if you're down here in the South, it's time to plant parsley for next year. I planted 4 of them last year, but if the drought permits, I'll plant more this year. I love seeing the tiger swallowtail caterpillers on them during the summer.

Off to a bit of yardwork. I pulled 3 bags of stuff out of the yard last Sunday. I want to order a dumptruck load of mulch from one of the tree trimming companies, so I have to get those areas ready. I have daffodil bulbs to replant (I rarely divide them, but when they've grown so much that there are bulbs at the surface, I pull them up and move them) Have a great Sunday.

No comments: