Monday, October 8, 2007

I finally did it.

I put my name on the list for Ravelry. I had debated about. After all, did I really want to organize my stash where not only I could see it and see all the projects I needed to do, but so could the knitting world? Curiousity, however, won out, and I remember seeing on Wendy Knits a small portion of her stash and feeling much better that mine was nowhere near that size. There are 15694 people ahead of me!

That said, I've seen a sock yarn at the Loopy Ewe I've been eyeing for the past day or so. It's strictly the unusual colorway. If I wait long enough, I won't have to buy it.

Or how about this? Bunnyville print courier bag. I think this print is just too much fun. I'm debating the bag. I'm not sure the handle is a length I would like. I must make up my mind soon. This month LeSportsac is 25% off with a code from Lucky Magazine. I may just get another purse and get a messenger bag from someplace that I can try it out first.

In other news, I was a lazy person and did not make it to the gym. I did start counting calories and keeping that annoying food diary. It's downright horrible to see how many calories are in a Grands Flaky biscuit. (That's why they are so delicious, and don't forget the butter!) I will get to the gym tomorrow, slathered beneath my socks with Caladry Lotion. Mom had to add her 2 cents to my poison ivy yardwork by suggesting I learn what it looks like. I know what it looks like. I've had to pee in the woods before, and you damn sure want to know what poison ivy looks like. As I've mentioned before, the effects of it are cumulative, and I finally got to the point where breathing on it or looking at it funny makes me break out with those lovely blisters. Have I learned my lesson? Will I wear real shoes to do yardwork? In all honesty, probably not. I will dress appropriately when I tackle this area again, because I am damn well pulling every last bit of that plant out. For a seedling or 2, I'll just make sure not to get it near my skin. I was careless yesterday, and I'm paying for it today. Next weekend, when the weather is cool, I'll be outside with the heavy boots, sweats and long sleeves pulling that sucker out by the roots. (Is this the excuse I need to get some Wellies? If I get Wellies, do I have to wear a floral skirt, maybe by Laura Ashley, to do my yardwork?)

I think I've looked at too many Americanized ideas of how the English garden. Maybe I should just get back to knitting.

1 comment:

Honi said...

itch.. i mean ouch yuck on the poison ivy... hope that heals up soon.. the knitting stuff sounds fun.. hope u are doing well.. I went back to logging my food too.. it really does help.. check out this site.http://caloriecount.about.com/ this is were i keep my food log.. i love it.. once you build up a directory of your foods you can just click on food tags and put stuff right in your log.. I think its pretty cool plus u can log your exercise too and it will tell you what you are burning.. its a great way to keep track of things...