Saturday, December 1, 2007

Belated Happy Birthday

to my sweet, wonderful hubby Keith. His birthday was yesterday. I am usually prepared for it, but this year I was the one stopping to buy birthday cards and presents on my way home. I had found and ordered the first season of Banacek for him (thank you Amazon), but he also has a 3 page Excel list of CD's he wants. I've been meaning to print the durn thing out and get to Wuxtry (he likes his CD's used since they're cheaper, and he can buy more of them) all week, but finally remembered yesterday!

I have to wonder if the guys at Wuxtry like to see me coming. I'm polite, but I come in, hand them a list and say "I want 6 from this list please." Then I stand there trying not to be bored (Wuxtry is definitely a guy's place) while they find the CD's. I've done this several times, and I figure they like getting the sale. It's not a huge one, but in this day and age a $40 to $60 sale isn't bad either.

Keith had been debating about what he wanted to do for his day. First he thought maybe dinner out. Then it was going to the DeKalb Farmers Market and getting steak & lobster to grill at home. Late yesterday he finally decided we needed to go get Mexican at El Toro. They have great margaritas. I wish there was a lot to write about, but we had a nice dinner. We usually go out and eat on random week nights, so it was very strange to be out with the crowds on a Friday night. We skipped the dessert and came home to the bourbon bread I got from Great Harvest Bread Company. From what I can tell, my local store doesn't have a website yet. Ted has been tinkering with the recipe for his bourbon bread, and he's finally got it mouthwateringly right.

As for Keith, poor guy. All of our wrapping paper is in storage, so I handed him 2 plastic bags with birthday cards and said dig in. I think he was happy (I only got things from his list.) We watched 2 episodes of Banacek last night, so that was fun too.

Oops! time is slipping away, and I've gotta get ready for work. More later.

2 comments:

Kim said...

happy birthday to your honey!

Honi said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KEITH..