Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holiday Resolutions

I'm in the midst of last minute holiday gift buying for several reasons.

1. Keith's family just decided to exchange presents. For the past few years we drew names, then last year we did nothing at all. Just a few days ago it was decided to exchange gifts, and now I'm waiting for wishlists from people. (and waiting...) We're all at that stage in our lives that if we want something (and it's reasonable - not a Ferrari), we just go on and buy it. That makes it hard to find something to ask for as a gift.

2. My own procrastination. I still have to find something for my Mom & her hubby. Last year I knitted, but this year I decided I wasn't putting myself through that. Now I'm stuck as to what to get for them.

My resolution - I think I'm knitting presents again for 2008, and my resolution is to make 1 or 2 (depending on size & complexity) per month. Do you think that will work? We'll test my resolve in 2008.

As for me, I hit a few online sales this morning and last night, but it's all laceweight yarn for me. I'll figure out what I'm doing for next year, look through my stash, then maybe hit a sale or two again. I do want to decrease my stash this next year, but somethings, like Zephyr, are going up in January.

No comments: