Saturday, December 15, 2007

Yikes, The frog pond

Well, I finished the Knit Round Scarf last night, bound it off (keeping the last stitch "live") and tried it on. I knew that it would be a bit tight, but hmmm.

Yesterday I spoke to Kim about some Monkey socks she had knitted up. She said that if she decided if she was telling herself she could like something that it meant she didn't like it. I'm paraphrasing (and probably badly) but you know what I mean. When you are trying to justify that piece of knitting it's time to rip it out. And I did. As I had it on I kept pulling and tugging and playing with the rolling that stockinette makes, then I sat down and just pulled every stitch out to the very first cast on stitch. I kept it since I do long tail cast on, and my long tail had been too long. I cast it on again with 40 extra stitches to start over. Also, the rolling that stockinette does drives me crazy, so I'm doing a seed stitch border.

I only looked at other people's on Ravelry on Thursday night, and I've decided before I start the next project I'm looking there first. I could have saved a helluva lot of time by checking their notes. I'm posting copious amounts of notes there. Can't help it - I'm used to documentation. I'll take pictures in the next couple of days so you can see what I've done now.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments: