Sunday, December 2, 2007

Knittin' content

Ah, it's weekly picture time. Without further ado, here we go:
Petra's Fingerless Glove #1. As you can see, I'm almost finished with the cabled area.


Yarns hand-dyed by yours truly. The one on the left was done first, the one on the right was with leftovers and some more red.

Here is the latest car sock. It's toe up in Claudia's Handpainted Merino Fingering weight.

I've been experimenting. I found the flash tends to wash out the colors, so these were done with no flash. I'm still not happy with the photos, but you get an idea. The sock is really much brighter than the picture shows. More mucking about with the camera later (maybe).

The Needle Nook is having a Knit A Long for a Malabrigo Afghan. It's a great way to learn some new pattern stitches and be as bold or demure as you like. The one thing that was wrestled with was how to do a KAL. It was decided after some debate to have it for knitters who can actually get to the shop. The major reason is that this is a shop KAL, much like the quilt shops that have the block of the month program. Who knows, there may be a virtual KAL in the future? Arlene will have to see how this one goes before making any decisions about future ones.

As for this weekend, remember all the fussing about the Neighborhood Watch and cleaning up the neighborhood? Well, people do like to fuss, but many don't like to actually do anything. One of the houses had the tenants evicted, and they left a mess in the yard. An old bedframe, toys, etc. are strewn about. Has the landlord or anyone been there to haul it to the street? Hell no! I decided a day or 2 ago that I would do it myself. This neighborhood used to be nice, and I'd like to make it that way again. Meeting so many of my neighbors I've found that they want it to be clean and safe. Like I said, it seems the actions stop at their property lines. Screw that. We're taking the time later to go clean up that yard, and we'll pick up any trash in the street on the way. Sure, I'd rather be knitting, but someone has to step up.

Tut tut, it looks like rain. Maybe we'll get lucky and get some later today.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Your fingerless gloves look soooooo pretty. And good for you for stepping up with the neighborhood beautification!