Sunday, December 30, 2007

One more trip to the frog pond

Oh, I forgot to tell you the latest on the Knit Round Scarf. It's positively hideous. I could tell by the look on Keith's face when I tried it on as I was deciding whether or not to add another decrease round. I didn't need him to tell me how bad it looked. I could see it for myself. Let's face it, what looks good on a petite person doesn't look quite the same on my larger size. Since I spent an awful lot of my life as a size 4-6 (in my younger days), I have a very hard time remembering that I'm a much more bootyliscious size 14.

Anyway, the durn thing has 5 balls of Kureyon in it. What the hell was I going to do with 5 balls of Kureyon? The only thing to do was to buy 5 more in the same dyelot, set them aside, and put Lady Eleanor on my queue list.

I haven't frogged it yet. I do want to take a picture of the ugliness of it for Ravelry's ugh! files. I want to save any other curvy gal from making the same mistake.

No comments: