Thursday, March 6, 2008

All I really want to do is work on socks

I've been in a frenzy of knitting hats the past couple of weeks. SIL's hair starting falling out late last week, and she shaved her head to complete the job on Sunday. When talking to her, I realized that knitted hats just aren't what she wants. I don't think either of us connected that until she started describing what she really wanted in a hat, and I just knew that I probably couldn't knit one just like she wants. I sent her to www.hats.com, and hopefully they will have something she likes.

As for me, this morning I work with the urge to work with teeny tiny needles and very thin yarn. I just want to work on socks for a little while. Most of my other projects right now are with larger yarn - Keith's sweater, the hats, the shawl, and the amigurumi. Rather than tell myself that I must work on a certain project, I will make some real progress on the second sock of my Claudia Handpaint pair. I've only got 2 pairs of socks that I've kept, and the feeling of those handknit socks... I had no idea that they would be so wonderful, and I don't want to wear them out while wearing them every few days. I must knit more socks.

Thanks for listening. I feel like an addict in withdrawal. At least knitting socks is productive, unlike smoking crack. Yes, sock yarn is my crack. And one day, some Wollmeise will be mine.

No comments: