Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Pictures

Here are some more knitting projects.




This is the Droplet Hat from Knitting Nature. The picture on the right is the hat in progress, but I included it because the color is more true in it. The yarn is Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Mineral Red.



This is Dashing from Fall 2007, http://www.knitty.com/. I'm using leftovers of the Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Hongo (mushroom). The color has been discontinued. They are coming out a little tight on me. I'm a tight knitter. I'm trying to decide if I want to frog them and try again with larger needles, or if they might fit someone else. We'll see.

On Friday the weather was so gorgeous. With the rain and sun in right measure, and both of us being sick, the greenery has exploded. The only word that really describes the way the yards look is fluffy. The weeds are soft, rounded masses of new green, except where they've burst into bloom, leaving drifts of tiny, pale white flowers or the exuberance of purples and lilacs where the members of the mint family have their square stems of regimented flowers. (Excuse the run on sentence above. Sometimes good grammar won't always let you express yourself as you would like.)

Anyway, I was feeling better, and I decided to tackle some of the growth. I started nearest the street, so the neighbors could see we weren't ignoring the yard. I soon had to move as the feline gang had to help. Monster and Grey would not stay away from me or my newly weeded areas. The picture shows Monster in a space that was only moments ago covered with a cool, moist green froth of chickweed with bit of wild strawberry. I pulled 3 yardwaste bags of weeds. I ran out of bags, and that is quite probably a very good thing. Yesterday at work I had to take some ibuprofen as muscles not used to such work protested. I could feel gluts and calf muscles complaining from the squats as I lay in bed last night. I confess to mixed feelings about the cold and rain I've awoken to this morning. It keeps me from pulling more weeds. My muscles thank me, but Sunday mornings really are the best to work up near the street. I don't have to worry about my help being so close since there is no traffic at all.

As for Earth Hour last night, we did participate. We turned off all the lights and computers, but left the fridge plugged in. What did we do for that hour in the dark, you may ask? We dozed. We got onto the bed with the entire complement of kitties and napped. We needed to be able to stay awake for Supernova at 11:30. (See what nearly 20 years of marriage and work will do to a couple? Actually, we both really enjoy Supernova, and at the end of a long work week, it's nice to laugh uproariously.)

I've got the amigurumi group this afternoon. I'm trying to decide what I want to crochet this time. I'm leaning quite strongly towards the Psychotic Tomato. I'll let you know if I decide on cuteness or the absurd.

No comments: