Thursday, March 20, 2008

Scooter's surgery

He's come through his surgery just fine. The vet uses a different anaethesia nowadays, so he's only a little drunk. He's had dinner, and now he's just roaming around the house meowing quite loudly. I think I'm going to have to grab him and pet him into sleeping so I can have a few minutes of quiet.


I'm not complaining. I'd much rather have a noisy, active old kitty than not to have him.


We thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers.


As for me, I feel about 90% back to normal. I am more than a little tired since we couldn't leave food or water out last night, and Monster got hungry around 3:30 a.m. She's about 17 pounds of loudly purring, licking and nibbling cat. She stood on my chest, purring so loudly she woke Keith up. She licked my cheeks, eyelids and nose. She licked my arms and nibbled on my fingertips, all in an attempt to get me out of bed and feeding them. I knew I couldn't feed them, so I tried to sleep through all of this. Didn't work too well. Neither human got enough sleep last night, but at least I still have all my fingertips. I do know if anything ever happened to us that in Monster's mind I'd go from food provider to food very quickly. At least I know where I stand with that cat.


Anyway, my throat isn't sore any longer. I'm having a bit of an issue with my sinuses, but I'm hoping some Benadryl closer to bedtime will take care of that.


In the meantime, a finished project.


1 comment:

Yarn or Death said...

Awwww, cute lil' dolphin!

Thinking good thoughts for you and Scooterino.