Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Still sick

This is an odd illness. It's almost all concentrated in my throat. No fever, or perhaps a very low one. A little bit of stuffiness so far today, but not too much. The worst is the energy drain. I feel like I've been visited by a gang of energy vampires. It's probably because I haven't slept very well the past two nights. You know how it is. Throat hurts, so you take something for it. The ibuprofen wears off, and you wake up with that sore throat again. Also, the tissue is irritated, so just breathing can hurt a little. I slept with the sheet partially over my face to warm the air I was breathing to help reduce the irritation.

I counted all the cups of tea I drank yesterday. I had 7 cups of various teas. That's the other reason I had some difficulty sleeping. I was floating! The Throat Coat does help, but there is a limit of what you should consume. I only had 3 cups of it.

Whatever the bug is, I figure rest and copious tea consumption will help. The tea will keep washing the bugs away, while the rest lets all the white blood cells work without any disruption from me.

To tell you how crappy I felt, I didn't even knit yesterday. I mostly drank tea, read and slept. Let's see how I feel today.

I do think I'm losing my voice.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Poor SB! Feel better!