Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another vet visit

Today Scooter and I met with the surgeon. I've known Dr. Hyatt for years as he's worked at Loving Touch Animal Center off and on since I started going there. He looked at the lesion and said that he could remove it, even though it is in a trickly location. I asked about doing the surgery since Scoots is not so young, but he thinks that it will be a worthwhile surgery. I think Scooter's in better health than Brownie was at the same time in her life. Of course, Brownie had had some rough living too. Rather that upset the squeamish, look through some of last year's Brownie entries. I think I went into some detail about her headstrong, wild ways.

I had basically made up my mind yesterday that if surgery could be done for him, I'd do it. It's got to be better than a wound that won't heal up. He won't leave the lesion alone either.

The worst thing about your pet having surgery is the drunken post-op cat. I'm so not looking forward to that part. Maybe I'll have a mudslide and keep him company.

5 comments:

Honi said...

Between our four legged loves and our two legged loves ..when they have to have surgery or are sick.. it is a daunting task to decide whats right and whats not.. glad the surgeon was optimistic... I am sure all will be well and he will heal right up~ after all he has the best care in the world... a devoted mom !

Kim said...

Woo-hoo! Yay for being operable and for mom/baby post-surgery drunkenness. I say go for it, honey.

Janice in GA said...

fingers crossed for Scooter... and for you.

Eve said...

Thanks for all the support. I appreciate it a lot, while he's just wandering around waiting for me to cook up his liver.

Yarn or Death said...

I'm with Kim. Drink up and snuggle your drunk kitty as much as he'll let you. I'm so glad it's operable.