Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hubby's tooth update

Keith had quite the infection in the roots of one of his crowned teeth. Apparently almost all of the root was gone. I learned more about root canals when he got home and told me what the dentist did. I'll refrain from providing details. Why make your mouths hurt too?

This does clear up a mystery for us. Several weeks ago he felt slightly feverish, but we couldn't tell that anything was wrong with him. I think it was soon after that he started feeling the pain in his tooth. He hasn't run a high fever, but off and on he's been running a low grade one, and now we know why.

He's home now, resting after taking a double dose of antibiotics (according to the dentist) and some painkillers. I have a feeling that he'll be napping the afternoon away.

As for me, I'm using the slow cooker to make a stew for the next few days. I'm planning to start cooking slow cooker soups and things on my days off, so I don't have to worry about what's for dinner on work days. Let's see how long this lasts.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Mmmmmm. Slow-cooked numminess. I hope Keith feels better. My mouth hurts just thinking about it!