Thursday, May 15, 2008

Second heel turned

So now I have 2 socks back to stockinette. I did screw up on the heel of Keith's sock. Somehow I skipped a stitch on one row, but picked it up on the next. I'm undecided about ripping out this heel and fixing it, or just leaving it since it's on the bottom of the heel. The perfectionist in me says "Rip!", while a newly discovered more mellow me says, "It will be fine. Keep knitting." If I keep knitting, which is what I'm leaning towards, this will be a first. I must admit that I've spent the last 3 or 4 knitting sessions working on heels, so I'm ready for something else. I don't think it will harm the integrity of the sock if I don't rip it out. In other words, I don't think this will increase it's chances of wearing out any more quickly.

Grey and Monster look quite silly with their fresh lion cuts. Monster absolutely loves her's, and she is begging for petting all the time. I'm not sure if Grey is embarassed or maybe a little chilly. Heck, it might even be sensory overload not having that protective layer of thick fur between her and the world. She's been hiding a lot, but as the temperatures start climbing, she'll be happy not to have that heavy fur.

As for day 3 of time off, I'm heading out sometime today to stock up on Aveda haircare and maybe to Lush. I've got some gray hairs that bug me, and I was reading about Lush's henna last night. I've always been very reluctant about hair color since I'm a natural redhead, and I don't want it to look horribly fake as so many reds do. I really want to cover up the gray, especially since I saw a picture of myself, and all the gray hairs pop up in the flash. That photo made my hair look just awful.

So those are part of plans for today. We never made it to storage yesterday, but we have cleared out some of the basement. It didn't get to the state it's in overnight, nor do I think we can fix it in one day. I must admit that we've been less than active much of our time off. I think we run so much during the regular work week that when we don't have to meet deadlines, we just collapse. That's one reason I didn't want to go anywhere. So much of the time lately when we head out of town, we go sight seeing for a little while in the morning, then we go back and nap all afternoon. So why go anywhere when we'll spend a lot of the time sleeping? May as well stay here and catch up on sleep. I have to tell you, the afternoon napping has just been great so far. Another perk of staying home is that I'm never too far from Ravelry and email.

1 comment:

Kim said...

We can has kitty pictures?