Saturday, May 3, 2008

New Lynley novel nearly here

I got notice from Amazon that Careless in Red shipped out today. I'm sure many other Lynley fans are in the throes of anticipation of what will happen next. I just don't know what I'll do if it gets here, and I can't immediately start reading. It's similar to getting home and finding Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows waiting for me. I'll probably be up all night reading.

I'll have to update you later on the Customer Spotlight Sale. Needless to say it was great fun, and I found some items I had to buy. C'mon. It was supporting local artists and charity. Aren't those virtuous reasons to shop?

As an addendum to my rant the other night about miscast actors and bad adaptations, I want to mention that PBS is re-running Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes. This is a great adaption of Holmes, and Brett plays him brilliantly. I really enjoyed these when they ran for the first time years ago. Check your local listings, but here Georgia it will be on Thursday nights at 10. You should know by now I'm a big fan of PBS. Honestly, if it hadn't been for the fact that even PBS suffered from the writer's strike, I would not have watched even one episode of Girliscious. I'm so happy the writers are back, and new episodes of Nova Science Now will be airing soon.

No comments: