Friday, July 18, 2008

Home again, home again

Turns out Chubbs had an absess at the base of his tail. No fever or anything, just an absess coming up. The vet said to keep him inside in a quiet place away from other kitties for a few days and make sure he heals ok. If not, he needs to go back on Monday. I have a list of things to watch out for.

I feel so bad for him. He's in my office right now, hiding under the dresser. He just let me start petting him the day before yesterday, and what do I do? Snatch him up, stuff him into a cat carrier, take him somewhere where they shave and clean his butt, then bring him into the house to top it all off. At least he's not where Sassy can sniff him. The other kitties think there's nothing worse that a big cold dog nose rudely sniffing.

As for socks, I'm casting on for a pair of Garter Rib socks from Sensational Knitted Socks. As usual, I'm changing things by knitting them toe up and probably using the PGR heel. I'll post pictures as soon as I have more that one or two rounds knitted up. I had planned to get some of the drudgery done today, but between running back & forth to the vet and having a very pleasant visit with Daphne, much less housework is getting done than planned. I know to be careful what you wish for, but sometimes wouldn't it be great to have a genie or friendly witch who could clean the house with the flick of a wand? Or maybe a few house elves?

Since I'm the closest thing we have to a house elf, I'm down to the basement to do laundry.

No comments: