Sunday, July 6, 2008

More firsts

Keith and I had a couple more firsts on July 4, 2008.

We successfully got our first item listed on ebay. I had tried and tried to get it listed last weekend, but for some reason ebay just could not find the photos on my computer. I gave up, but Keith tackled it on Friday and finally got them to load. I'm very excited as we have 2 people watching it. We plan to get a few more listed today. This is a great way to earn a few dollars and clean out the house.

Second first. I planted 4 blueberry bushes many years ago. From several things like bad location, getting moved, having tree limbs fall on them, and possibly being mowed over, we ended up with only one bush. One poor little bush that has few berries, and the birds get them before we ever did. This year is different. We picked about a pint of berries off the bush on Friday, and we'll go get more ripe ones today. That is very exciting to know that we can have blueberry pancakes for our usual Sunday breakfast with berries we picked from our own backyard.

As for knitting, I had completed almost 2 lace repeats of my second Monkey when I compared it to the first. Major change in gauge. I had gone back to my stranglehold on the yarn. (I knit socks at a very tight gauge.) I ripped it all out and started over. I might finish 2 pairs, maybe 3 for Summer of Socks, and I'm okay with that.

No comments: