Friday, July 4, 2008

One Monkey down

and one to go! I finished my first Monkey sock, which is also my first sock for Summer of Socks, this morning. Well, I do have one more end to weave in, but I'll get to that in just a minute.

For those of you here in the States, have a happy and safe 4th of July. As I mentioned at Knit Nite, it's a typical American holiday. You know, drinking, grilling, and explosives (fireworks.) At least we don't live in the part of metro Atlanta where they celebrate by shooting their guns up into the air. As for me, I think I'll stick to the drinking and knitting. I'll let Keith do the grilling, and let someone else handle the fireworks.

ETA Here are Keith's finished socks finally! I'm not sure how long I've been knitting these socks. It seems like forever! I am very happy to be finished with them today. They are knitted very densely with a gauge of 11 stitches per inch. They should wear like iron. The cuff is a 2x2 rib that stretches quite nicely. In fact, I've been using the 2x2 rib as my basic sock that I make for myself. I had almost finished the first Meanie sock I am making for myself. I had knitted a stockinette cuff, but when I tried it on, I didn't like it. I ripped out the cuff and reknitted it. I'll have it finished and posted in the next few days. However, I plan to cast on that second Monkey tonight so I can finish at least one pair for Summer of Socks.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yay for finished socks!