Monday, September 17, 2007

It's Monday...

Another morning spent running around doing most of the errands for the week. I have a couple to do tomorrow because in one case the store isn't open on Mondays, and in the other, I just decided to go tomorrow.

I found I couldn't face knitting last night, nor was there anything I wanted to watch on TV. I started roaming the bookshelves, looking for the right book. I didn't know what it was, but I sure knew what it wasn't. I found this one, The Alienist, by Caleb Carr. It was one of the first books the bookclub read, and I enjoyed it. If you look at the reviews on Amazon, you'll see people either love it or hate it. Not much middle ground there.

We didn't have a real mop, just a Swiffer wet-jet, which works pretty well most of the time. It doesn't do a whole lot on ground-in Georgia mud on a white floor. Keith told me yesterday that if I bought a real mop today, he would mop the floor for me using the bleach. It turns out that it was a good thing I didn't mop yesterday since Brownie missed the pee pads again last night. Now I have a whole, fresh bottle of bleach and a brand new mop that looks very scrubby, so he can tackle the floor tonight. (or maybe tomorrow morning would be better. I've got to figure out too just how many pee pads do I have to put out for her. It looks like she's getting her feet on them and just hanging her butt over the edge. Poor old looney cat.) In the meantime thank goodness for things like the Chlorox disinfecting sheets. Those are so handy for small areas.

I need the temperature to drop a few more degrees. I am covered with mosquito bites on my ankles and arms from the yardwork. I had checked the CDC website when West Nile Virus first became an issue here in the south. What I found is that in a healthy adult, the symptoms are pretty mild, like a cold. I figure I'm probably okay. I may have even been already exposed to West Nile, so I'm not worried about that. It's the darn itching that's driving me crazy. My upper arms look awful with all the bites, and I have a lot more yardwork to do.

Gotta go get dinner in the oven.

1 comment:

Honi said...

things that stop itching.. okay this sounds yucky but if u do it it helps... if u have a cigarette around.. put wet tobacco on the bite... works best when bites are new.. use a dab of vinegar that works too. or take some oatmeal.. ( real not not instant and plain) wet it enough to make a paste.. and put it on the bites..for some reason that helps.. and egg whites.. that works on burns too.. it takes the itching away.. only use if bites are not open... and if you have some bounce sheets at your house for your dryer stick a couple in your pockets and wipe your jeans with them.. that helps keep the nasty little vermon from biting..