Saturday, September 22, 2007

My dreams are getting so strange...

Ok, a bit of background info may be neccessary here. Yesterday I was trying to remember some of the Spanish I learned when I took it in elementary school & junior high. It would be very helpful to speak Spanish, so I was straining my brain while seeing if I could remember much. That must have done something to the language center of my brain because I was dreaming in German last night. How wierd is that? I don't remember anything about the dream at all except that it was in German. Yes, I took it for 2 years in college and could actually read it even if I couldn't speak it that well. The brain is truly amazing.

As for Yarn Harlot, I had a fabulous time on Wed. night. I read her blog. I've read her books. I thought it was great that she was coming to Atlanta. I did debate about going though. She was appearing in Virginia Highlands, and I know some of you who may be reading this live there or love to hang out there. To me, being the child of the suburbs, I find it a big pain in the ass. OK, the parking is the part that's the pain, and there's usually nothing down there that I want to see or visit badly enough to mess with the parking situation. So I debated it. Then I had an inspiration. Could I convince Keith to be my chauffeur for the evening? He agreed, and before we knew it, we had several others with us. He's a great guy for driving all us women down there and picking us up. (Honestly, he's just a great guy)

Stephanie was very funny. Her delivery and comic timing were great. The Hilan Theatre where she spoke was filled with loud, rowdy, happy knitters. We got to see the traveling sock in person, and if you go look at her blog, you can see me in the front row. I am very glad that Kim was able to book Stephanie in Atlanta.

So, what else is going on here, you may (or may not) ask? Not a whole helluva lot. Summer has briefly returned, as it does every year, covering us with humidity and making us long for the cool nights of only a few days ago. The equinox is official tomorrow, making tomorrow the first day of fall. One of these crystal clear days will soon pull me from whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing, and we'll head out for a day hike in the mountains.

In the meantime you'll find me covered in mosquito bites as I continue to toil pulling weeds or just sit outside watching the woodpeckers and hummingbirds that come to the feeders. I've got another hummingbird feeder, so now I can keep one out all the time and still change them every other day.

And most importantly of all, today is Brett's birthday, along with our favorite hobbits, Bilbo and Frodo Baggins. Happy Birthday to all!

And before I forget, Brownie has been a little more active these past few days. I'm finding that I have to make sure to turn on lights instead of shuffling around in the dark because she has left her favorite sleep spot under the curio cabinet and has been sleeping the middle of the kitchen doorway. When I got catfood this past week, I took a list of all the flavors she likes and bought only those. Maybe the venison is just what the ancient cat needs.

No comments: