Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wierd Science

and other oddities.

I've been perusing the net and found several things that I thought were funny and/or interesting.

Tots aren't smarter than apes, just... more social. Yes, someone spent money to see if human toddlers were smarter than apes. My first thought was, whoa, waste of money, but it actually looks interesting.

Fly George Jetson's car. Check out the Moller M200x

Global dimming. Who knew that particulate pollution was actually slowing global warming?

I added this one because the more I learn about cephalapods, the more I think they are some of the most fascinating creatures on earth. They are absolutely incredible.

As for us, Keith has this week off and has done a few of those "honey do" jobs for me. I once again have working lights in the basement. The yard is mowed. He actually has done some of the errand running for me too.

As for me, the countdown to the equinox continues. 10 more days. The temperature is dipping into the mid-60's at night, so it's much more bearable. Soon the days will be crisp, and I will feel the unfortunate urge to contribute to global warming by taking a drive into the north Georgia mountains. There is nothing like fresh boiled peanuts on a cool fall day.

I've used most of the first ball of yarn for my red scarf. I've been wondering if the basketweave will relax and look better after I wash it. I haven't used much acrylic yarn since I started knitting, so I can't anticipate how it will look or react. I'm carrying on with it even though I'm not 100% happy with it. Hopefully the recipient will like it.

That's all for tonight. I got up early to go to the gym, and tomorrow I have to get up early to drop off my van for some recall work. It's always something, isn't it?

No comments: