Thursday, September 13, 2007

More on Brownie

I've had a chance now that I'm home from work to look up bloody stools in cats. Although constipation is one of the options, there were actually around 6-8 other potential causes. Several of them most definitely could apply here. Change in diet is one of them, and she's been so picky I've been changing her cat food at every meal. Another one was eating people food. I figure at 18 if she wants a little cheese or smoked turkey, she's allowed. We'll watch and see if this is an isolated case (it's happened once yesterday and once today.) Keep your fingers crossed for all of us. That said, she's still perky and having a totally Pavlovian response when I walk into the kitchen. You know the one - Meow really loud, and the human, if properly trained, will open a can of food. Didn't work this time since I know for a fact Keith fed her 2 hours ago.

1 comment:

Honi said...

Boy I am sure this is hard on you guys.. maybe it is just a little constipation.. the main thing is that she is comfortable... eating.. and doing her business still.. all you can do is love her.. and do as you have said keep her comfortable.. these worrisome things that happens to those we love can be oh so difficult.. but what you find in the long run is.. well the depth of your strength and power of your love.. I bet she is pretty secure and happy.. and that is what is also so important..