Friday, October 10, 2008

Synchronicity

A while back I blogged about wanting to go to Chateau Elan for a weekend vacation. While that's a lovely thought and quite enticing, I go look at their pricing and think again. While it may seem that I'm a wild spender, my wild spending is in 3 areas only - books, yarn, and pets. I'm actually kind of miserly in other areas of my life.

Back to Chateau Elan. I received an email from my SIL a few days ago about a girls' weekend that was being put together for the women in the family to go away and visit for a few days. The spot they chose? Chateau Elan. A villa was being rented for the weekend, and with enough of us the pricing seems much more reasonable. (Which helps make up for the outrageousness of the spa pricing.) Yes, I am getting a spa treatment. I'd love to get more than one, but this weekend will be seriously cutting into my yarn money. Besides, I know of places where I can get a really excellent pedicure for $30. They may not provide champagne, but I'd rather sip the home brewed mead I recently received anyway.

2 comments:

Janice in GA said...

Mmmmm... mead.

I can live without ever having another pedicure, but I do like me some mead.

Shari said...

I've been to the spa there...got a 25 minute massage, and spent the rest of the time in the whirlpool-ahhh!