Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Quick peek


Here's the sock I've started to test knit for Gale's Art. Sorry the picture isn't the best, but I really like the base yarn she's using. It's a joy to knit with. Texturally it reminds me of Wollmeise. It takes the dye beautifully.
Details: I'm using size 2 needles since I usually knit at a very firm gauge, and this pattern calls for 7.5 stitches per inch. I'm usually at 9/inch, so I needed big (for me) needles.
Pattern is Spring Forward from Knitty.com's Spring 2008 issue. I started these socks last year with some Socks That Rock Lightweight, but I just didn't like the way they looked. Can I say I'm loving how they look with the yarn from Gale? The colors here are a little more intense than they are in real life.
It's a drizzly, grey day here in Georgia. Yesterday was sunny and warm, but today is grey and cool. I can't help thinking it would be a wonderful day to work in the yard, but Keith is home, and I doubt I can persuade him to join me in that.

No comments: