Sunday, February 17, 2008

Above you see the Seaweed Prayer shawl in progress. I'm on the second ball of yarn, and it looks like I won't need all 10 balls after all. However, I'll keep them until I'm finished, then I'll make the decision about returning any of them. This color is so beautiful, I doubt any of them will find their way back for store credit.

It's been a busy week. On Tuesday Keith took the day off with me so we could run a bunch of errands. This weekend is a big knitting retreat, so I worked an extra day this week. The past 2 weeks have seemed so full that all I can think about is getting a nice long nap this afternoon. We haven't let the kitties sleep with us the past few nights since they take up so much of the bed, but Grey doesn't like this one bit. She comes to the door sometime between 4:30 - 5:30 a.m. and starts meowing in the most pitiful way. She sounds as if she hasn't been petted or loved on in eons when it's only been about 5 or 6 hours. I realize that to a cat that is an eternity, but I would so love an entire night's sleep. 7 hours divided into 5 hours + 2 isn't the best night's rest.

We're having a taste of spring right now. The daffodils have started blooming, and the air feels soft. You can smell the new growth in the air. I do love spring, but this year I find I'm thinking even more about the heat that follows, and I wonder about the coming drought. I probably need to get a dump truck load of mulch to get all the trees prepared while we're still having some rain.

When I feel more lively, I'll write more. Right now I see cats heading towards the bed. Looks like a great idea to me.

No comments: