Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not another obsession

Amigurumi is the newest one. I think a long affection for Sanrio characters such as Hello Kitty has softened my resolve to not start anything else. How can I resist something so darn cute? Did you go and look?

Now go here and see what else is possible. All with a hook and some yarn. In some cases, leftover bits of yarn. Sure, you can knit cute things, but crochet has the advantage in this fiber genre. In June a book will be published that has amigurumi monsters, ninjas, and aliens, all cute and tiny.

I've almost finished the first chemo cap for FMWC. I plan to finish it tonight, wash & dry it, then mail it maybe on Saturday. Hopefully I'll have enough laundry to run tomorrow so I can toss it in and take care of any initial bleeding of the yarn. I'll post a picture when it's completed.

You know, I do think of deep and meaningful things to blog about while I'm brushing my teeth or driving, but I get in front of the computer - nothing. Sit back and enjoy some rambling about trash tv for a few minutes. With the writer's strike, tv has been worse than usual. I think I vented about this another time. I do read voraciously, so I'm not vegging out in front of the telly every night, but I've not mastered reading and knitting at the same time, and I'm so far not an audio book fan. Perhaps one day I will be. Anyway, I was channel surfing last night, wanting to knit for a little while longer, when I found Pussycat Dolls Present: Girliscious. Keith and I had watched the last one, Search for the Next Pussycat Doll. Let's face it, my hubby is a red-blooded American male who is going to watch girls who look like stripper wannabes gyrate around on his tv. It's produced by one of the same guys who does America's Next Top Model, and it is a whole lot like Top Model except for the regulars. For all the baby Oprah stuff Tyra has going on, she can be likeable. Nigel Barker seems genuine and a guy you'd want to be around. Twiggy is a sweetie, and I just love the Jays. Top Model can be so fun. On the Pussycat Dolls you have Robin Antin who looks totally freaky. She's over halfway there to being the next Joan Rivers, or maybe that woman who is doing all the plastic surgery to look like a cat. Her sidekick Mikey is a such a bitch. The guy from the record company always looks sour and cranky. In my whole life I never thought I'd say L'il Kim is the best thing going, but she's the only one who seems halfway likeable. So save yourself the trouble. I've watched this drek for you so you don't have to.

Writers, please hurry up and get some decent shows back on! I'll want more Nova and Nova Science Now! More Bones and House! Now, where are my Futurama disks?

No comments: