Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Daily creativity

I want to direct you to Janice's blog, Knitting, With Dogs. I've linked you to her thing a day entry where she links you to what thing a day is. She's been doing this in February, and I'm so enjoying watching what she's doing. She made butter on the first day, and I've always wanted to try it. The Dekalb Farmer's Market carries a brand of dairy products that are non-homogenized, so I'll get some of their heavy cream and make my own butter. I won't be as low tech as Janice since I have a KitchenAid (thanks to the world's greatest husband.)

When Daphne and I had lunch a few weeks ago, I mentioned the prayer shawl ministry to her. She's very involved with her church's prayer group, and I remembered she wanted to knit, but she doesn't have much knitting time. She loved the idea of it, and her church is ready to get started. I'll be their knitting expert. Please take a minute to appreciate the irony of a non-observant Jew helping a church get their prayer shawl ministry going.

We have one day of sub-q left. We're getting better at it, as I knew we would. Like everything else, it needs practice. Unfortunately, I'm sure we'll get that practice since this is most likely to be a semi-regular thing.

4 comments:

Janice in GA said...

Thanks for the shout-out (I think -- now I HAVE to keep up the new things!)

The sub-q stuff DOES get easier, and you'll start to feel less squicky about it over time too. :)

Shari said...

I've always wanted to make my own butter....does the cream have to be un-homogenized?
Kudos to Scooter on still receiving his liver each day...you know you'll have to keep it up, even if his anemia gets better :)

Debbie D said...

oh I was e-mailing back and forth with Janice about making butter. I found a simple recipe on allrecipes.com

You just throw the half n half in the blender and make butter. Worked like a charm for me. Even made two batches and brought homemade butter as a hostess gift!

Debbie D said...

me again. I just used the unfancy non-organic homogenized half n half that Kroger carried to make my butter.