Sunday, February 3, 2008

Stash organization

I've been working on my stash again today. I took photos of the sock yarn box and got some of them onto Ravelry. I have to know what I have in order to knit it up.

I have a lot more Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky than I thought. I had originally purchased it when I started knitting for things like sweaters and scarves, but I soon learned that it is much too itchy for me. It does work great for hardwearing things like mittens, and I used it to knit a lot of mitten for the holidays last year. However, I still have quite a bit of it, and I've been pondering how best to use it. I will admit that I thought about cat beds, but even my kitties prefer Malabrigo (or the high thread count sheets, preferably right above my head;)

So I've decided to use it up making some mittens to turn into Diana at the AKG, and she can take them to the Atlanta Women's Day Shelter. I can use up my yarn knitting for a local charity, and the people who receive them will hopefully be able to use them. This is the first year in the past 2 or 3 that we've had prolonged cold weather, so I think they will be welcomed.

I will admit to be totally surprised when I read Main Street Yarns and Fibers newsletter for this month. I was so happy to learn about Lucy Neatby that it was a little while before I saw the list of local Georgia knit blogs. There I was on the list! It's quite exciting to know that other people actually read my ramblings, especially since I'm not strictly a knit blog. I know, there are days when I'm definitely a cat lady blogger. Thanks Ruth, for including me!

As for cats, we successfully did the sub-q on Scooter. Since we were here at home, he was more wiggly and less cooperative. We got almost the entire amount of fluid into him when he suddenly bolted, leaving us getting squirted with saline solution by the iv. Honestly, not too bad for the very first go at it. I have a feeling that we will become much better over time, but we'll do it to keep Scooter with us. Did I mention that he was still slightly anemic, so he gets to continue having liver? For him, that is the best part of all this.

Off to get my stuff together for knitting this afternoon. Since I did 5 pairs of mittens last year, they are a very easy item for me to whip up, and I don't have to pay to terribly much attention.

1 comment:

Janice in GA said...

At least you made the list. /pouts/