Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sub Q thank you

Thanks for giving me the encouragement about having to do sub-q at home. Luckily Keith is getting to learn how to do it in just a little while.

It's truly amazing how much better Scooter already looks and seems to feel. He's getting a B vitamin supplement with the fluids, and I know personally how much a dose of B-12 can make you feel better. His spine doesn't feel as ridgy and pointy now either. And yes, I do think the worst of it is the feeling that I'm poking a needle into my kitty. However, I think Keith has the detachment and the more medical attitude to do it. He really is a great hubby.

He does have a very different view on things than I do. When I mentioned to him that I planned to take an afternoon just for crafting, he said "you do that every night!" For one thing, I don't knit every night. Secondly, I do it while I watch TV, and I'd still be watching TV even if I wasn't knitting, so I don't think it counts. I'm thinking about a chunk of uninterrupted time when I can get a lot done. Oops, now that I think about it, I do get Saturday nights when I watch the Britcoms. Well, I just want more time, specifically for some sewing. I'd rather take sewing time from mopping, not from knitting. (But who in their right mind enjoys mopping anyway?)

Have a great weekend. I'm still not quite sure what it holds for me. I had planned to go to a Superbowl knit party tomorrow, then decided I needed to check with the local relatives to see if Keith and I needed to help anyone out. One has said she's covered for this weekend, but I still need to make sure the other is alright. When I stopped to think about it, I realized I have 3 older relatives with Alzheimer's/dementia issues. I was telling Emily last night that I don't mind the getting older so much, but I don't want to end up feeble and confused. That's so hard to watch as they seem to fade away.

So let's end on a more cheerful note. I've been awake to watch the sunrise several times this week, and it's been just gorgeous. This morning as it rose it turned everything a very lovely, glowing rosy pink color. Now the sky just looks grey, but it was incredible and vibrant just a short while ago. Get out and watch the sunset tonight if there are some clouds to catch those rays and refract them. If the night is clear, and you're far enough away from city light, go do some stargazing.

Have a great day.

No comments: