Saturday, February 23, 2008

First amigurumi finished!

One of the greatest things about doing crafts is that I am continually learning things. Yesterday, after I crocheted an entire happy egg in cotton classic and the bottom of an egg in Fantasy, I realized that I have been crocheting incorrectly all these years. I haven't been putting the hook in quite the right space when making a stitch. Explains a lot about why my crochet looks a bit crappy. I've left the egg in the cotton classic, but I frogged the one made in Fantasy. I really need to knit up another hat for FMWC tonight, so amigurumi will have to wait until the first meeting of the amigurumi group tomorrow.

I'll have to take pictures tomorrow morning of the egg and the cabled chemo hat. Sorry for teasing you by not including pictures. It's actually been raining here for the past few days, and my stone bench is too wet for fiber goods right now. Honestly, I have no desire to stand in the sprinkles just to take a picture or two. I'm not complaining as we desperately need the rain. The water levels at Lake Lanier haven't risen yet, but it takes a day or two for all the runoff to get there.

No comments: