Friday, April 25, 2008

Anniversary recap

When I came home from work yesterday, this is what greeted me:

Wow! Was I shocked. See that little blue box? We all know where that's from, and that's what totally surprised me. Tiffany's, and I hadn't even asked for it? The sweetie gave me an Elsa Perretti bracelet with a tiny floating heart. I love her designs, and several years ago I asked for a floating heart necklace. This was before the falling dollar and rampant inflation, back when silver was actually reasonable. I was speechless. I'd show the link, but I am reluctant to know what he paid for it. Sometimes I do get a little tired of keeping the books.

Anyway, that made me feel really weird about the gifts I had for him. A little background here. Keith has always wanted to be rich. I think that was hammered into him from a young age that he needed to be rich. My gift to him was more frivolous, especially since I couldn't buy a Corvette. I got him $20 worth of scratch off lottery tickets and a subscription to The Economist. One of the reporters for The Economist is on Marketplace on NPR as a regular, and we both enjoy listening. Also, it's supposedly read by more CEO's, COO's, etc, than any other financial magazine. Let's face it, I can't afford a vintage Gibson or Les Paul guitar either, and I thought this might be a tool he could use towards earning more money and getting that vintage guitar for himself.

We're actually pretty low-key people, so we went to our favorite Chinese/Japanese restaurant last night. It's Lucky Key/Fujiya. We went to the hibachi table for the show and the melt in your mouth fillet mignon. We had forgotten it was $1 sushi night, so that added to our enjoyment.

Keith had also gotten us a bottle of champagne, but we're saving that for tonight. He had some work to do when we got home last night, and a very early eye doctor's appointment this morning, so we decided to forgo any alcohol induced rowdiness until later. And we're both ok with this. For the record, we met on September 11, 1982. We've been together for a long time, and we're looking forward to the next 20 years.

I promise, knitting content later.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations!

Honi said...

that sounds like a sweet night.. and a wonderful gift for you. and I am sure he loved his gifts too.
congradulations again!!