Friday, April 4, 2008

Chubby's vet adventure

We're back from the vet. Chubby had the following health issues addressed:

Abscess was cleaned out.
He was neutered.
He was treated for earmites
He was tested for Feline Aids & Leukemia. Thank goodness he was negative for both, so he got several vaccinations.
As Keith said, it's tough to be a feral cat.

Poor guy was anesthetized, so he's now a drunk kitty. The instructions are to keep him in the trap overnight with a towel over it so he can sleep it off. Tomorrow he can eat and be released. We'll just have to wait and see what happens when we let him back out.

I had my oil changed today, along with getting my tires rotated. This gave me some quality knitting time. Knitting a sock on double points with tiny yarn gets other people talking. It really made the time go by so much more pleasantly. I was working on Keith's second grey sock. Between last night and today I've knitted at least another inch or so on the cuff. This may not sound like a big deal, but these socks have 100 stitches per round. My gauge is around 11 stitches per inch. Believe me, there is a lot of knitting in an inch of length on these socks. I don't remember my row gauge, so I can't tell you how many stitches I may have knit in the past 24 hours.

I'm off to make a cup of tea. I was sort of virtuous today and mopped the kitchen and bathrooms. (This means I swept and vacuumed first.) I also got all the dishes caught up, which wasn't too bad. I had very little hand washing to do today as I haven't been cooking from scratch this week. I won't be cooking tonight either. I pulled out some soup I made about a month ago from the freezer. Since it's been cool and rainy all day, it's perfect weather for some homemade soup.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yay! I'm glad Chubby's adventure turned out well. Enjoy your soup!