Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rowanista

On Saturday one of our customers came in with the 2007 spring/summer Rowan magazine. I'll admit that I've thought about subscribing to Rowan Magazine off and on since I started knitting. While helping her with her pattern, I knew I had to have a copy. The LYS I work at doesn't carry Rowan, so on my day off I went to the one I knew had it (I had checked online) and bought it. The photography and styling is so beautiful. Last night I was back on www.knitrowan.com, and before I knew it, I was a subscriber. I'd like to blame Ann & Kay, but it's really Kim Hargreaves fault.

I finally started on ball 5 on the prayer shawl. I'm really thinking I won't need all 10 balls of yarn, which is really excellent. There is some other yarn I would like to get. I've been working on Keith's gray sock too when I need to knit with the tiny needles that I love. I've gotten a list in my head of which projects I need to finish first, and the shawl tops that list. It's followed by Keith projects. As soon as I get the shawl finished, I'm picking up his sweater again so it will be ready to wear this fall. I can alternate it with his second gray sock until they are finished.

Mr. Chubby has been following his normal breakfast and dinner routine, but he is definitely more skittish right now. I know vet visits are never what a kitty wants to do, so we'll be patient while he gets over his trauma.

Have a great Wednesday. The week is almost half way over for those of you who don't work weekends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your prayer shawl the pretty blue you were knitting with this evening? I know you said you were sick of it (I think?) but I think it's really lovely!

Eve said...

Yes, the blue I am knitting is the prayer shawl. I have a deadline to finish it, and that just makes it a little less fun to knit.