Sunday, April 20, 2008

Random thoughts today

I've had another cunning idea about our anniversary. I had always thought by our 20th anniversary we'd be rolling in dough, and I could buy Keith that vintage Corvette he's always wanted. Well, none of that has happened, and I won't tease him with a Matchbox Corvette. Maybe by our 30th. However, I did have another idea for a fun and not horribly expensive gift for him. One that should be amusing and possibly quite memorable. Get your minds out of the gutter. It isn't that.

As for me, I've spent some time this morning taking pictures, uploading to Flickr, tweaking with Picnic and finally adding them to Ravelry. I've gotten pictures for almost all of my stash so that I can look at it and think, oh yeah, I'd forgotten I had that yarn.


I was reading Carat's blog the other day, and I decided to add some random facts about me here.


1. I am fascinated and terrified by tornadoes. One day I really want to go with some stormchasers and see one.


2. I've come up with a great rationalization for my yarn stash. I currently work in a LYS, but at some point in the future, I won't. Don't worry, I have no plans of leaving anytime in the foreseeable future, but things happen. I could win the lottery. Arlene may decide to up and retire to the beach. Life is full of strange possibilities, and I've got to have stash to meet them head on.


I had more when I was thinking about this the other day. I have been rather distracted the past few minutes as Princess Plumy has been feeling most neglected since I won't let her sit on the keyboard and knead whatever body part she can reach. (I'm still a bit injured from a kneading incident the other night. It led to an attempt to trim someone's needle-like claws, which resulted in much biting.)


In the meantime, here's a picture for you. Fighting off having your claws trimmed can be most exhausting. Isn't she the definition of kitty innocence there? Don't be fooled.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Evil cat torturer, trying to clip such a sweet, precious kitten's claws? (Seriously though, you do still have all your fingers, right?)

Eve said...

I still have all my fingers, and my skin has all healed.