Thursday, April 10, 2008

Scooter update

I want to thank everyone who has asked about Scooter. He has been so frisky after his surgery that you wouldn't know we'll be celebrating his 18th birthday soon. His incision is almost totally healed up. The worst part of all this is that we no longer have to give him tuna twice daily with medication in it, and he's been very vocal about this. He and I napped for a little while the other day. He likes to get under the top cover and sleep on my stomach. He did this for just a little while, then kept walking on my bladder and meowing because there was no moist food out. He would go into the kitchen and check, then come back and complain. To be totally honest, he's really being quite a pest. Considering the alternative, I'll take the pestiness.

I joined the Nefarious Yarn Club on Ravelry a few weeks ago. I think I mentioned it here. The dyer is making yarns based on nefarious characters, both historical and fictional. This is a tongue in cheek, lighthearted yarn club. She reiterated the fact in her first shipment which arrived yesterday. (There had been some people getting a little riled up in one of the threads. If you're going to get upset or offended by some of the suggestions people make, this isn't the yarn club for you.) The first offering is Hannibal Lecter, a gorgeous tonal brown based on the leather face mask he wore in the movies. It is such a lovely color of yarn. I've never seen the movies or read any of the Hannibal Lecter books, so I can't really do a character based sock. Yes, I know about Hannibal as it has become part of cultural background, and I don't live under a rock. However, unlike a Bellatrix inspired yarn, I have no pattern to link with the yarn. That may be a good thing. As for some other nefarious suggestions, I think I could very easily come up with an Umbridge pattern.

3 comments:

Shari said...

An Umbridge Pattern can't be knitted in any shades other than pink - Declaration # 473 ;)
I'm glad Scotter is doing so well - I feel the same way about Tiffany - as long as she's complaining, everything's as it should be.

Carat said...

I agree, the Umbridge patter has to be pink, and froufrou, and have at least one knitted bow attached, if not 7.

I'm glad that your kitty is doing well after surgery. I really enjoy reading your blog; it's nice to know that other people are just as crazy about stray animals as I am.

Eve said...

There were so many no, not pink, on the nefarious suggestion thread that I think we'll get a really obnoxious, pepto pink. Of course I'll have to knit some ridiculously girly sock with it!