Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Totally awesome surprise

I've been curious about Wollmeise. Now that I've entered the world of sock knitting with hand-painted and hand-dyed yarns, I'm trying to find and use all these yarns with the cult status. Wollmeise is one of them. Practically impossible to get from either her website or from the Loopy Ewe. I know as I was watching for the Loopy Ewe sneak up a few weeks ago.

However, I happen to know Numma Numma, who has recently become famous in the online world of sock knitting for her yarns. I had shamelessly asked her before the sneak up if she would get any early info since she sells to the Loopy Ewe and is a Loopy Groupie, and she said unfortunately she would not. She knew about my curiosity and desire to own some of this yarn, and last week she told me that she had actually been on the Wollmeise website just after an update. She bought an extra skein for me! How totally wonderful is that? That was such a thoughtful, kind and generous thing for her to do. I'll post a picture of the yarn later this week.

Tomorrow is the big 20 for us. It's pretty weird to think that Scooter has been with us for so much our marriage. He's still pretty spry as his 18th birthday approaches.

As for the possible insect bite, the swelling is still diminishing. I slathered the area with some prescription steroid cream leftover from the horrible poison ivy incident this past fall, covered it with a bandage, and left it until this morning. The inflammation is now confined to the area immediately surrounding the blisters. I plan to coat it well again tonight. Hopefully it will continue to heal, and I won't need a doctor. I must admit to an awful temptation to pop the blisters, but I am behaving and leaving them alone.

Sorry if that grossed any of you out. I think I'll end on that note. I've got a book waiting for me, and I'd like to get to sleep earlier tonight.

No comments: