Sunday, April 6, 2008

Chubby's post-vet adventure

After keeping Chubby in the trap all of Friday night, I opened the trap Saturday morning to let him loose in the house. He and my critters all know each other, and I knew he needed to get out of the trap. I didn't want to let him out into the cool, rainy outside. What I forgot to do was to close the door of the junk closet.

He cautiously came out of the trap. Monster, awoken by the movement, came to sit on the table above him and growl. Great! There would have been no problem if it had been Grey. She's very curious, and she likes Chubby. She gets nose to nose with him every morning on her way out to tinkle in the yard. Monster, however, doesn't much like other cats. They interfere with both her petting and her eating. I went about my business, leaving them to sort it out. Well, Chubby has gotten into the junk closet and as far as I know, hasn't been out. I think I'm going to have to get some thick clothing on and get him out of there. I'll release him back outside as soon as the weather gets dry and clear. He's a semi feral kitty, but lately he's been looking into the house thinking it might not be so bad to be warm and dry. After this, he may decide to leave and not look back. I'm not sure I'm okay with that, but who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat. I can take comfort in knowing he's much better equipped for life out there since he's gotten several vaccinations, and he won't be contributing to the feral cat populations any longer.

I've been knitting like mad on a couple of projects. I worked on the prayer shawl last night. It seems like this 4th ball of yarn will never end. I originally got 6 balls of yarn for this project, then went back and bought the other 4 balls in this dye lot. I now think the 6 will be more than sufficient, leaving me with 4 to return. The emerald blue is a gorgeous color, but it's not one I'd wear, and I'm honestly getting very tired of looking at it. The beauty is wearing a little thin. When this dreary fog lifts I'll take some photos.

No comments: