Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cooler weather is finally here!

Last night when I got home I opened up all the windows in the house. I closed most of them before we went to bed except the ones in the bedroom. We both love sleeping with fresh air.

I woke up to a really creepy sound. It woke Keith up too. It must have been an owl, because we don't know how a human could have made that noise. I'll have to research owl calls to see if I can identify what kind it was.

Or, the zombies are rising from the grave.

1 comment:

Janice in GA said...

I was camping by myself off the Blue Ridge Parkway some years ago. In the middle of the night, SOMETHING making horrible noises woke me up. And believe me, you haven't lived until you've have been awakened in a tent, alone, by some weird horrible screechy noise.

I think it was an owl too. Maybe a screech owl. Here's a page with owl sounds:
http://www.owlpages.com/sounds.php
The middle one for Eastern Screech Owl may have been what I heard.

Raccoons can make some god-awful noises when they decide it's party time too. And FSM grant that I NEVER AGAIN hear the scream of a rabbit caught by dogs.