Thursday, September 11, 2008

The sucky part of aging

is when systems start to get a bit off-kilter. I had to start a new medication yesterday, and I was still feeling headachy from the day before when I had to ward off a migraine. I felt totally crappy all day yesterday. The good thing is that I was taking some time off work this week for vacation, which is also the bad part. I was so very glad not to be suffering while at work, but it sucks to be suffering on time off. Today (so far) I feel much better. No lingering from the migraine, and hopefully the new med won't affect me too much either except to do what it's supposed to do.

There's an episode of Family Guy where Peter has had a stroke. He goes into the stem cell research lab and comes out 5 minutes later totally cured. Right now I'd love a dose of stem cells. Fix the thyroid, fix the blood pressure and make me feel like I'm a teenager again.

3 comments:

Janice in GA said...

The other thing I hate is the slow recovery time.

I walked a total of about 4 easy, slow miles yesterday and did a few other things. Today I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

Getting old sucks.

Kim said...

Yes, but then you would look far too foxy and it wouldn't really be safe for you to go out in public without bodyguards, or at least a nice aluminum bat.

Eve said...

Thanks for the compliment, Kim. In the old days Keith called me "sweet as a viper", so bodyguards are unnecessary. It also helps that I bite.