Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday yarny goodness

First of all, a disclaimer. This is not a wild shopping spree. This is several months worth of yarn finally being catalogued in Ravelry, so I thought I would share them here too. First of all, on the right, you see an offering from the Nefarious Yarn Club, Lizzie Borden. Next is another offering from the same place, Sweeney Todd. Carrie really knows how to get a red that looks like blood. Of course, she says that this one is the red of the bricks in the town. Yeah, right.




As you can see, Sweeney Todd is a lovely blue with real sterling silver thread running through. I don't have the yarn label in front of me, but I think she said the blue is the murkiness of London.










Next, we have Casbah Sock yarn from Handmaiden. This is for the Loopy Ewe's second anniversary. I'm not wild about black and red blends, but this is quite nice. I think I'll probably use it for something for Keith. I'll admit that the main reason I ordered their second anniversary kit was for the too cute coffee cup.



I had some extraordinary luck in that I caught the Wollmeise's shop when she was having updates, and I was able to obtain all of the colors on my wishlist.


The green and yellow is Lowenzahn.













Rosenrot















Flower Power
















Maria's Deepest Purple. For one of the updates, I called Melissa and let her know it was happening. I ordered some of her colors, and she ordered some, as well as some different ones, and in the madness, there were duplicates. We worked it all out, and I ended up with 2 skeins of this one. I wasn't as thrilled with it, but when I showed Keith, he liked it. So this will eventually be socks for him. When I mentioned it to him today, he was not impressed. He said he needs to see some finished items. True. So far I've not made much for him.








Red Hot Chili














Soxie in Kiwi Kenny, 2 skeins. I bought this from another knitter who had purchased it for a shawl, but it wasn't working out. I'll find a good use for it.










Noro Kureyon Sock yarn.

No comments: