Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hopped out!

I'm feeling rather tired now after a full day of hopping. I had no idea how many we were planning to visit, but when the opportunity came to decide, I went with "let's go to all of 'em!"

And we did.

8 knit shops with some random stops for a speeding ticket (the driver, who wasn't me, was let off with a warning) and snacks took us from about 9:15 a.m. to around 7 something this evening. All I know is that it was nearly 8 when I got home tonight, and I'd left the house around 8:30 this morning.

I probably won't take pictures and post them until later this week. Let's see, as we went through the list, it got more difficult to buy something. I'm really quite surprised by how many of the same yarns the different shops have. I did buy some more Rowan Summer Tweed in a color I already have. I got a couple of socks yarns. There was Hempathy from one shop where I was having a real struggle to find anything. An older Rowan magazine from another, and lastly some Misti Alpaca Chunky to make a hat for Keith. The Misti Alpaca came from the last shop, and by this time I wanted something as close to the $10 minimum as possible. I didn't think it was possible, but I was having shopping burnout by then. Just show me some damn yarn, stamp my passport and let me outa here!

Must go now as I can barely keep my eyes open, and there's a kitty demanding attention. Kitteh must be obeyed, or my ankles will be attacked.

No comments: