Monday, January 14, 2008

Sleeves undone

Last night I sat down and frogged both sleeves to the row before the intarsia started. They are both on their own circular needle waiting for me to start over.

I just couldn't do it last night, nor will I be able to do it tonight. Fox's new series, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, started last night. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I'm an Arnold fan, and the previews for the new show really piqued my interest. The first Terminator movie is so dark, and you just wonder how Sarah is going to raise the leader who can save mankind from the machines. Summer Glau, who was River in Serenity, actually makes a pretty good machine. And the guy they have for the evil terminator, check David Kilde out and see for yourself. Hmmmm, stunt men...

Anyway, we started a new group on Ravelry yesterday in hopes of more bear outfits for the AKG this year. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here, but the Atlanta Knitting Guild donates bears to the Georgia Center for Children. This past year we were down from the year before in bears that we donated. I'll admit that I'm guilty. I didn't knit any teddy bear clothes at all. Needing something easy and mindless to knit last night (especially since all of my projects currently have charts to follow), I started a teddy bear skirt. I have some leftover yarn from other projects, but the book I bought uses dk weight in all of its patterns, and what I have are sock weights and worsted. I found a pattern online that uses the worsted, and I'll probably be finished with this skirt by tonight. Then to see if I have the yarn to make the matching sweater.

That's all for today. I can knit a bear skirt around the rotating cats in lap and while watching an action packed tv show. Enjoy it now. I've noticed if it's a new Fox series, and I like it, it will be cancelled. I remember such shows as Action, Firefly, and Futurama. (I will mention that 2 of those 3 had such fan reactions that movies have been made - Serenity and Bender's Big Score.)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ooo, crap I meant to watch that! Was it awesome? I bet it was.