Thursday, January 31, 2008

Musing on lace

Last night I started another Malabrigo square for the shop's afghan model. Of course I forget the number of the lace I'm currently doing, but I realized on the way home last night that it would possibly make a good lace sock. Ever since I started doing toe-up socks, I have to think about will this pattern convert? This has yet to be a problem for me, but I could see it becoming one in the future. It's good to keep those bottom to top patterns in mind for doing toe-up socks.

In other items the relative with the small cancer found out yesterday that it has spread to a few lymph nodes. I'll follow up either this evening or tomorrow to get the current scoop.

As for tonight, I find I'm not really in the mood for TV, which means I most likely won't get any knitting done either. I'm not at the point where I can do teeny tiny stockinette and read a book at the same time. I can do larger garter stitch and watch the bats fly around at dusk, so I know I can knit without looking, but I think the smaller scale freaks me out.

Weather permitting I plan to take some more photos of my stash and post them on Ravelry. It will really help me when I feel like I must buy more yarn. I can peruse all the photos and think - hmm, must knit from stash to make room beforer getting more yarn.

Sorry for the lack of deep thoughts tonight. I've been rudely awoken much earlier than I like the past 2 mornings, and I feel fairly sleepy right now. I'm off now to find a book, maybe an Agatha Christie, to read for a bit.

No comments: