Thursday, January 10, 2008

Whew!

It's been a busy week so far.

We went to the visitation for Frank on Tuesday night. Family had started coming in from around the country, so we briefly got to see some folks that we hadn't seen in awhile.

One of the things about Frank is that he was a larger than life, totally fun person. When Gina picked out his clothes for his burial, she picked one of his favorite outfits - almost lime green pants and a tangerine shirt. I know, it sounds outrageous, but he was the sort who would wear those clothes that we think of when we think of preppy golfers.

The funniest (as in coincidence, not haha) thing about all this is that the colorway for the basic socks I'm knitting contains that same green and orange, along with a bright red, pink and yellow. I'm now calling these socks Frank in his memory. Yes, I'll post a picture of the progress so far in a day or two. I'm almost finished with the first one.

Yesterday was the funeral and internment, followed by for lack of a better word, a reception. We were there for hours since by then everyone had come in, and we got a chance to visit and see people we don't get to see very often. Of course we had stories about Frank to share with each other.

And it didn't end there. We had no sooner walked into the house when we got a phone call to go meet up with some of the aunts and cousins for dinner. I'm so sorry for the reason we all got together, but it was so good to see everyone. Of course we went, and we didn't get home until after 11:00 last night.

Today my work week finally starts. I must say I'm not very rested up for it, but with coffee I can manage.

One very good thing to mention is that I have finished 2 of the projects that were on my resolutions list. I've finished the wrap, mailed it and gotten a very lovely note from the recipient. I've finished the pair of handwarmers, and I've got to get them delivered. Unfortunately most of the things left on my list involve charts. They are either lace or intarsia. Eek! I've got to pick one and go for it.

1 comment:

Yarn or Death said...

It's a bummer... we as a society so rarely get the whole family together unless it's something like this. I'm glad you have all those comforting memories though.