Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dratted lace

Last night I picked out which chart from clue 2 for the mystery shawl I would do, and I got started.

It was one of those nights. I honestly do not know how many times I had to rip that darn row out. At least 4 times. After the 3rd time, I realized that I was reading one of the chart symbols incorrectly. Don't know what possessed me last night (tired), but I kept reading the S1 K1 PSSO as a S2 K1 PSSO. No wonder I kept ending up short at the end.

I tried several new things for me to do in lace knitting last night. I am using stitch markers to help keep track of the sections. I was reluctant to do this when I did MS3 last year as I thought the markers would be moving around too much as the yarn overs and increases would change the section sizes.

I also ended up knitting on 2 circs. This is a first for me. I have avoided this for several reasons. The main one being I just knew I would pick up the wrong one and knit with it. However, the shawl wasn't working for me on magic loop, so I've switched it. I think in a few more rows it will be large enough to use the 24" circ only.

As for the 2 hours of knitting last night - well, I got one pattern row and one knit only round done. 2 hours = 2 rows of lace knitting. Lace - not the thing to knit when you're tired.

I'm really glad that the weeks of working extra are over. I can use the extra money (who couldn't), but I feel beat. I know all the work I did last weekend to clear out the basement didn't help as I didn't have a decent day off. I'm so looking forward to later in this week when the hubby is off to work, and I can take a nice, long nap. I'm going to get caught up with laundry, trash out, litter boxes and such today. I will admit I do love knowing the next monsoon won't flood the basement.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Here's to nice, dry basements!