Saturday, June 21, 2008

Today is a BIG day



Let me list the biggest event of the day. Scooter turns 18 today! I haven't quite decided what to get him. I'm really thinking of splurging and buying him (us) some salmon. He loves it when we eat it, and as we haven't had it for awhile, this is a great excuse to get some.

Today is Clue 2 of the Goddess Knits Anniversary Mystery Shawl. I'm looking forward to it. I'm still not so sure I like the chart I used for clue 1, but I'm keeping it. I'll look for a more dynamic chart to do this week. I did like the symmetry of chart B on paper, but it's a little static once knitted up. I've started calling it the eye of the hurricane. A hurricane's eye is a calm, sunny spot in the middle of the worst winds. Mine will be a calm symmetrical spot in some whirling lace.

Today is also the Start of Summer of Socks 2008. For me, SOS08
won't officially start until I get finished with Keith's sock. I'm so close. I'll get the darn thing finished this weekend, maybe even tonight. Then I can start some Monkeys with the Wollmeise.

2 comments:

Janice in GA said...

Happy birthday, Scooter!

And thanks for the reminder for clue 2. Not that I've knit clue 1 yet.

/sigh/

Kim said...

Happy birthday, Scooter!