Sunday, June 1, 2008

Quiet weekend

Thank goodness it's been quiet this weekend. Car repairs are underway, and most importantly to me, I've turned the heel of Keith's second gray sock again. It still is a little different from the first heel, and I'm pretty sure it's because I switched from dp's to magic loop. Oh well, such is life. I would really prefer not to knit the darn thing again.

We'll get the police reports this week from both car incidents. I would like to find out who stole Keith's car and see if this person has connections to our neighborhood, or if it was totally random. Either way, I'm passing the info along to the neighborhood watch so it can be distributed.

I'm hoping to make some progress on works in progress (wips) this week. Summer of Socks and Goddess Knits Anniversary Mystery Shawl both start in the next few weeks. I want, at the very least, to finish the heathery gray sock before then.

Oh! Keith has absorbed knitting lingo, and I didn't even know. I mentioned to him that I wasn't sure I would have enough of some of the other yarns to knits socks for his rather large feet, and he said, "why don't you knit at a larger gauge?" Wow! Excuse the cliche', but you could have knocked me over with a feather. I explained about how socks needed to be knit at a tighter gauge for better wear and comfort, but all the while I'm thinking, he's learned about gauge? Actually, it makes sense. He likes to play guitar and knows about home improvements, both of which can include wires, which come in different gauges.

On that note, I'm off to the kitchen to work on his sock while he makes dinner. He's pretty darn wonderful. He takes over all cooking duties on Sundays. From the pancake jamboree in the morning to whatever we might have for dinner, he does it all.

No comments: