Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No more Zara

Today I went back to the shop that is closing in a hopeful mood, looking for more Zara. I was out of luck. However, I can't leave a knit shop empty handed, can I? Especially as the very few items that were left are marked down 50%, and if the total of your sale was more that $100 after the discount, it was 60% off.

I looked around. Maybe there was some Summer Tweed left. Not much at all - just 2 balls of a green I really like. What's this bright green stuff? It's so shiny. Mercerized cotton? No, it's silk! Oh, that book I nearly got last week. There's one copy left. And this oh so soft red stuff. It's merino, silk and cashmere. There are 9 balls of it. Well, at 50% off... Wait, I also need some Rowan Calmer. I need 4 balls, but I'd better get all 6 since that's all there is in that color. Better safe than sorry, right?

I think you get it. I still need to search down the Zara. I saw a couple of people with it for trade on Ravelry. It's not the same dye lot, but as I'm already thinking I'll change the sleeves anyway. I might not need it, but it's better to be safe. Remind me to always carry my handy yarn requirements guide with me if there is any chance of highly discounted yarn.

While I was doing that, Keith took Lily for her rabies vaccination and annual wellness check. It turns out she has a yeast infection in her ears, and the vet said that if one kitty had it, the others probably did too. So we get to put ear drops into everyone's ears. If you see me in the next few days with my arms clawed to bits, you know why.

1 comment:

Kim said...

May the force be with you.