Thursday, June 12, 2008

The end is near

of Keith's heathery gray sock! I am only a row or two away from switching to the heathery blue to do the short row toe. If it weren't so late, I would be dancing for joy. As it is, I need to go to bed so when Grey wakes us up by 6 a.m., I'll be ready to go work in the basement for a little while. By this time next week, the basement will have the new sump system, and when we get a deluge like last night, we won't have water in the basement. I can't tell you how much I look forward to this, but I do dread the work we have to do before then.

I have had to do one of the things I hate most in the world. I have thrown away books. We had to. They had gotten moist and moldy. Throwing books away seems like sacrilege to me, and I'll admit to finding it a most disagreeable task. However, sometimes they can't be salvaged, and tossing them into the blue recycle bin (when appropriate) is the best thing to do.

Once we get the basement cleaned out, and the water situation fixed, my beloved thinks that he and I will have rooms framed in by September. I'll let that sink in while I go to bed. Yes, he really thinks we, he and I, will have framed in rooms by September. Perhaps I'll speak to those guys from Dune who can fold time and space. That way, in my spare time, I can hammer studs, hang drywall, do laundry and still get some knitting done.

As Edna Krebappel would say, "Hah!"

No comments: