Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fox Richmond and the feral colony

There is an update on the RSPCA's site regarding this situation. I don't think the person in charge at the station ever expected this kind of response. To me, this is very surprising considering the Michael Vick case so recently. I'm sure this is turning into a public relations nightmare that will have some interesting repercussions. One thing I have noticed in reading some of the comments on blogs and an online petition (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/fox-richmond-bulldozes-cat-colony---june-25-2008) is that many people seem unable to differentiate between Fox Richmond and the Fox Network. It is the management of the local affiliate that decided on bulldozing and extermination, not the Fox Television Network. I do think Rupert Murdoch would have had more sense that to start killing kittens. Kitten killing may make news, but it's not what you want your company known for.

If you want to make your voice heard, you can sign the petition and/or send an email to the "gentlemen" who thought this would be a good idea. I've linked the petition above, and the RSPCA's site has links to the emails at Fox Richmond.

Tomorrow, pictures of some new goodies. I bought stitchmarkers from Lizardsmells' etsy shop.
They are so tiny and shiny. They appeal to my inner magpie. As for now, I'm off to feed my feral kitties. Apparently everyone is waiting for dinner.

1 comment:

Janice in GA said...

Evil enabler! I LOVE tiny st markers!